Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day!


I salute you Sergeant James C. Ford, without whom I would not exist! You're an honorable man, and I'm proud you are my father.

It is hard to believe Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away! I've decided I want to cook this year. Last year I wasn't having any of it. I'm going to mix it up and try some new things. I've been compiling new recipes, like a new sweet potato casserole, and a baked cauliflower gratin with Gruyere cheese. I'm thinking my Swedish apple pie, and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Just what my thighs need right?! You trying anything new this year? I found a great website called Tastespotting, if you'd like to be inspired. Just don't go there if you're hungry. A major snack attack will ensue. Being full, however, ain't gonna cut it either. Things look yucky when you're full. Find a happy medium.

So Christmas is just around the corner. Ever year I think to myself, I'm going to make my friends and family this or that. I've started knitting a gajillion times, only to lose my count and have to pull it out! I'm so anal!! You'll be lucky if you get a Christmas card! I'm gonna keep trying though....maybe by summer? I really want to find ways to make this Christmas more meaningful. We're all hurting for money! Every store you go into is cramming Christmas down our throats. It shouldn't be about another pair of Isotoner gloves...it's about Jesus! Anyone have any ideas? Fellowship with you is what I want for Christmas! Game nights are fun, and cheap if anyone is up for it! I'll bring the dip!?

Anyway, I'll leave you with these random videos....um...what can I say about the second one? I live with a teenage boy? Stuff rubs off...enjoy!

Stindberg & Helium...





Real Men of Genius... (fyi..that's the lead singer of Survivor singing)



0 comments: